Get Published – Welcoming Counsellors and Psychologists to Write!
TalkItOver is a movement to create awareness about the field of counselling and to help people understand how it can help us in our daily lives.
To achieve this, we invite counsellors and psychologists to write informative articles on everyday areas, from a psychological perspective.
Getting your article published on TalkItOver gives you the opportunity to:
- Influence change by increasing awareness about counselling and psychology in India.
- Reach out to a large and wide-spread audience and share your knowledge and experience with them.
- Write on areas of interest and experience, becoming visible to people with needs in these areas.
- We believe each person makes a difference. You may not think of yourself as a writer, but we hope our guidelines will help you put together a piece that is helpful to others and personally satisfying.
Guidelines for articles
- The main objective is to share information from a psychological perspective in a way that is reader-friendly. For this: Put yourself in the shoes of the reader and communicate empathy. Use a warm, conversational tone.
- Use simple and easy language, avoiding jargon. Avoid giving advice or quick tips, instead encourage the reader to explore their own unique answers.
- Remember articles should be relevant to the Indian context. For this, you could use Indian case studies or examples.
- The maximum word limit is 1000 words.
- You might find it helpful to go through some of the articles that have been published on the site.
- Dynamics in friendship
- Dealing with conflict in friendships
- Financial issues in marriage
- Divorce and separation
- Emotional abuse
- Sibling relationships in a family
- Stress in the workplace
- Learning to be a team player
- Romance in the workplace
- Balancing work and our personal lives
- Troubled teenagers